Sunday 6 November 2011

New York: Intermix, Cipriani and Bergdof Goodman


One word: Intermix! Why don't we have it in London? It's the coolest shop on the planet; it has all the best bits of brands like Helmut Lang, Rag&Bone, DVF, J Brand, Proenza Shoulder, A.L.C etc. They have quite a few of them in Manhattan and I've also been to one in Miami. Mr W and I headed there this morning and I ended up going "a little bit" crazy in there... I won't even list everything I bought as I'm embarrassed about the extent of it. Some pictures to follow though of course.

After my shopping extravaganza was time to go and meet friends for lunch in Cipriani on West Broadway. That must be in my top five fav lunch places. It's a great scene, great ambience and great food and I love the art they have in there. We had a table for 12 people so they had to seat us at the back but had we been a smaller group I would have asked to be at the front by the window or if the weather allows at an outside table on the street. Again we shared a lot of yummy starters and had our own mains. Love dining that way as you get to taste so many different dishes! I drank quite many bellinis, which are always good in any Cipriani.

With the help of the Bellinis we continued our shopping trip uptown at Bergdof Goodman. Even though downtown is super cool and who wouldn't love Soho and West Village, I have to admit that I'm a tiny bit more an uptown girl. Some people think it's boring in the Upper East but I think it's stunningly beautiful, a little bit more peaceful than in downtown and you have the park right next to you not to mention all the old school department stores (such as Bergdof Goodman) that I find so so glamorous and exciting. Whilst Mr W was shopping in the men's department I popped into womens'. It is a separate building and you have to cross the road to get there. When I got outside it was already getting dark. I just stood there on the side of the road and soaked up the atmosphere that all those bright lights and those thousands of people, cars and yellow taxis create.  I could have stood there for hours! There is something so magical and vibrant about that city. I obviously love London but I would jump at the chance to spend a year or two in New York. I visited the womens' shoe department and ended up with my first ever pair of Manolos... They are beautiful pointy toe stilettos in burgundy suede. Now I'm going to pull some of my new clothes on and head out yet again with Mr W and a bunch of friends.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment